What to Bring
We offer residential treatment for men and women in separate facilities. We have a variable length of stay. We also offer halfway services for both men and women and intensive outpatient services for women. As a family member, we encourage your participation in our family educational program. Listed below is information that you may need to know while your family member is enrolled at Serenity Recovery Center.
During the first seven (7) days, your family member will not be allowed to use the telephone or receive visits. This black out period is to get your family member focused on recovery. Letters/cards can be received during the blackout period and should be addressed to the individual and mailed to the address above. In the event of an emergency during this period, feel free to call your family member’s counselor at the number listed above. Upon completion of the blackout period, your family member will be allowed one 10 minute phone call daily.
Visitations are on Sunday’s only from 1- 4 PM. Individuals visiting must be at the center at 1:00 PM to attend the Family Educational Meeting. If you are not present at this meeting, you will not be allowed to visit your family member. Visitors are limited to two (2) adults (parents, grandparents, or spouse) and immediate children and must be on the weekly visitation list provided by the client. No food, drinks or other personal items can be brought to visitations.
In the event that your family member needs items from the outside, deliveries can be dropped off at the administrative offices Monday through Thursday between the hours of 12:00 – 4:00 PM. No items will be accepted other than those times. Medications brought in must be either in its original prescription bottle or unopened over-the-counter containers.
Each client is assigned a counselor to help with specific program goals. The counselor is available to provide direction and assistance in the event of an emergency. Your family member’s counselor and work hours are listed below:
ITEMS TO BRING TO SERENITY RECOVERY CENTER AT ADMISSION
1. Clothes for 4-5 days; Long pants must be worn between 7 AM 4 PM; Shorts can be worn after 4 PM.
2. Personal hygiene items (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, razor, shampoo, soap, etc.).
3. Towels & wash cloths.
4. Detergent for washing clothes (hypoallergenic).
5. Cigarettes if you smoke (lighters and matches are not allowed).
6. Money: $10 limit• quarters or dollar bills (the only thing to purchase is drinks from the drink machine).
7. Stamps, envelopes and calling card ( only if needed).
8. A legal form of identification (drivers’ license, state ID, social security
8. Nothing with alcohol is allowed: Mouthwash must be alcohol-free.
9. A 30 day supply of previously approved prescriptions. Over the counter medications are allowed but must be unopened and CANNOT be mood altering.
I 0. DO NOT BRING: Cell phones, radios, tapes, CD’s, TV’s, headsets, expensive jewelry or any reading materials other than a Bible or AA or NA approved literature.
11. Optional Items: Shower shoes, laundry basket, notebook, pens, etc.
Please remember that you will be on a 7 day BLACKOUT. Please inform your family that you cannot make or receive phone calls or have visits during this time frame. Writing and receiving letters is permissible during blackout